Mansons Farm is a very historic name appearing on a Goldfields map from the 1860's. It was used as a sheep winter feed out area for Glen Farm for 50 years. A consortium of locals led by the Beaton Family developed it into a vineyard in early 1995.
Mansons Farm consists of two soil types. In the west, there is a small patch of fine Bannockburn soil. This is a very interesting soil in that it is one of the few soils classified as man made and came about as a result of hydraulic mining and sluicing in the higher ground on the south side of Felton Road. The Bannockburn soil here is finer than soils closer to the parent material. The other soils on Manson are Molyneux – described as soils typical of the low terraces, and consist of gravels formed from schist and greywacke with a thin cover of silt or sand. They are not fertile and are inclined to be droughty. They are soils particularly suitable to deep-rooted crops, but require careful management.
Mansons Farm is 6.8 hectares in size and contains 4.09 Ha Pinot Noir, 1.44 Ha of Sauvignon Blanc and 1.25 Ha of Pinot Gris (Barrie clone). There is a good clonal mix of Pinot Noir, with 113, 114 and 115 all adding complexity to the blend.